Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bay Area Stand Up.

I'm a proud Bay kid myself. I might not indulge my every being in the music selection however, i will never deny my roots. Unfortunately i did not participate in this "Hyphy Movement" that took place a few years prior, it just really wasnt my style but its lovely that it every got the chance to exist in the first place. Its about time that the bay got "Active".

Last night i put "The Ball Street Journal" by E-40 on my ipod. I dont have much Rap music of this certain genra in my ipod but sometimes i just feel like "Slappin" and i never have the
sources to, so i got the urge to upload this album and i must say its pretty entertaining. Its a different sound but that is what makes it so great.
I remember being in the club a few months ago when the Album was not yet released, and a song entitled "The Ambassador" came on, and i remember myself, as well as my friends never hearing the song before and just vibing with it. The Beat was predictible to dance to but it was definitely a different sound that i had never heard before. Its a looong way from "Sprinkle Me" Ft. His sister "Sparkle" :) This will definitely always be a Bay Area Classic.
OTHER BAY ARTIST (some you may know, and others you don't)
- B Legit
- Baby Bash
- Celly Cel
- Droop-E
- Emcee Lynx
- Funk Mob
- Keek Da Sneek
- Killa Tay
- M C Hammer :)
- Mac Marv
- Mac Dre
- Messy Marv
- Andre Nickatina
- Opio
- The Pack
- San Quin
- A Tribe Called Quest
- Tori Nicks :)
- Tupac :)
- T Bone
- Turf Talk
- Too Short
- Yukmouth
- Zion 1
Yo, and the list is only growing, everyday another kid is finding his love for music. Saving lunch money to by a mic and speakers to get there lyrics laid down. its a beautiful thing.
So tell me for my non-bay arean's.
What is your opinion on Bay Music. is it enjoyable? If you havent heard it before, just go to imeem.com and you can search any of these artist above, and take a listen :)




sprinkle me - e-40




The Ambassador - E-40




Sliding Down The Pole - E-40





Tell Me When To Go Remix verison.

1 comment:

TEK MONEY said...

u soooo forgot TEK MONEY..lol..jk